In these tough trading conditions, airlines need to explore every possible avenue to increase onboard revenues. One of the most effective ways of advertising income-generating products and services is through the production of a high quality onboard promotional video.
Here are 10 benefits to airlines of using high quality in-flight advertising and promotional videos.
1. Passengers are often receptive to sales messages whilst onboard as many of the products or services being promoted to them are of interest and can enhance their in-flight experience.
2. Duty free goods can provide a significant additional revenue stream for airlines. Videos with high quality production values that attractively showcase these products are a great way of encouraging passengers to make a purchase of these heavily discounted and popular goods.
3. If you provide online bookings through your website, promotional in-flight videos are a great way to let people know. You may have passengers who booked through alternative methods but may be interested to know about your online service so when they next have a flight requirement, they're more likely to visit your website to see what else you can provide.
4. Promotional in-flight videos present a good opportunity to advertise other destinations your airline flies to. This is especially useful on return flights when passengers' thoughts are often turning to future holiday destinations.
5. Another very useful source of revenue are snacks and drinks. Whilst the in-flight magazine will often list these products, a great way to increase sales is to highlight them in an attractive video production.
6. Promotional in-flight videos can be a great way to highlight the entertainment package that passengers can take advantage of such as movies, TV shows, audio channels and games.
7. If you provide headsets for sale or hire or use your promotional video to get the message across.
8. More and more airlines offer portable handheld IFE devices to passengers for hire. Promoting these entertainment systems via a video will increase awareness and boost sales.
9. The production values of your promotional video are a reflection of your brand and company so it's important that proper investment is made and an experienced IFE supplier is used.
10. Because promotional videos tend to be quite short in length, they can be useful to fill in between in flight movies and TV shows. If a movie finishes a few minutes before your on-board team are about to serve food for example, a short promotional video can be a great way to keep passengers occupied.